Game Idea Research

 So last week I brainstormed 4 different game ideas for my multimedia project this semester, this week I'm going to pick one of the ideas and focus on this. The game I'm planning on sticking with this semester is the 3D platformer, they are popular and fun games so I'm excited to make my own.

Temple Run

So my goal for this week is to look at game mechanics and decide which mechanics I'll need in my game. Since my game is a platformer I am going to need to have running mechanics, that goes without saying, also the player will have to jump over obstacles and enemies so I will need jumping mechanics. I remember in temple run you had to slide under trees, I think this would be fun to add to the game so I would have sliding mechanics. There are going to be enemies on the course that the player can jump over but there will be bigger enemies too so for these the character will be equipped with some sort of long range weapon, not specifically a gun but maybe a gun. Also there will be coins or some sort of reward to collect along the course of the game.

Comments

  1. Hi Mark,
    I really like the idea of a 3D platformer game, temple run is such a classic game, nearly everyone would have had this game on their phone at some point.
    I also really like the idea of there being enemies, it makes the game that bit more challenging, the same with the weapons and coins, I like that you want to add so many different elements to make the game more exciting to play!
    Best of luck with the rest of your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark

    I really like this game idea. Just seeing that picture alone brought back so many memories. I'd love to play that game again and if you were to go through with this idea I would definitely be playing it nonstop. I like that unlike in Temple Run where you just had to run away from whatever was chasing you you also have to avoid the enemy firing at you to make it more challenging. After reading this article I went and downloaded Temple Run. Best of luck with this game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Prototype

Game Vision Statement