Game Brainstorm

 This semester I'll be creating my own game, this is very exciting for me after years of gaming I'll now be able to make my own. It'll be interesting to see how it works out but anyway these are my initial ideas for what type of game I want to make.

The first game I would be interested in creating would be a platform game. My previous knowledge of games like this would be all based off Super Mario Bros. I'm interested in making this because I spent days playing these on my gameboy when I was younger and I still play from time to time on my Nintendo Switch. My game would start off in a cell and your protagonist has been captured by a group of Trolls and they are holding him on an island. Your goal as the player is to escape the island by reaching the port and sailing back to the mainland. You'll do this by completing different levels of the island, all of which will get progressively more difficult, as well as facing enemies of all sizes. I'd like to have a boss fight at the port on the last level of the game. I think these games have always been popular for a reason and hopefully this would be a success. 

Another type of game I always enjoyed was first person shooters, I played a lot of Call of Duty in my youth when playing the campaign the stealth sniper missions were always my favorite. Another game I liked was Sniper Elite 2 so I'd like to make a sniper game. There wouldn't be a story to this game, I'd like it to vary depending on the mission. For example, for the first few missions you could be a military sniper fighting against terrorists and then the next few missions you'd be a hitman taking out assigned targets, maybe another role could be a special operative in the CIA taking out high level targets. Really I'd want to fit in any type of snipers possible. The missions would consist of you sitting in a vantage point shooting at stationary and moving targets, there would be some missions which require you to separate two targets by shooting boxes or nearby bins to attract their attention. 

Another game I'd love to make would be a space combat game. Star Wars Battlefront on the ps2 was a game I really enjoyed growing up and I remember you could fly the spaceships and get into battles while flying around. . I'd love to make a game fully dedicated to this style. It would be all combat based, you could fight solo or in teams against other groups of spaceships. There would be a mothership for each team with a lot of health as well as smaller ships in which the player would be flying and the goal would be to defend your own while attacking the opposition mothership. Every ship would be equipped with blasters and missiles, you use these to take out the opposition ships as well as doing damage to the mothership. Once you have done enough damage to the opposition mothership it will explode and your team has won. I think this would be a difficult game to make but it would be rewarding in the end. 

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Ps2)




The last type of game I'd like to make would be a more story based horror/adventure game. I used to play a lot of these because Pewdiepie would do a lot of horror playthroughs on Youtube a few years ago with games like silent hill or slender. It would be based in a forested/mountainous area and your character has just woken up in a cabin, there is a broken down car outside the cabin and you need to explore the area and find the required parts to get the car back working again, there would be jump scares throughout from the evil spirit haunting the area. The goal of the game is to follow clues and complete puzzles to get all the car parts and get out of there, the spirit is standing in your way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Prototype

Game Vision Statement